Saturday, December 31, 2011

TAG: New Years Resolution

I remember my resolution from last year. Well, let me be truthful here, a webpage remembered my resolution last year. Mine was simple. Two Simple things.
Have more fun with my kids and reconnect with my husband.
I HAVE DONE BOTH! I can honestly say I have done both!
Did I make more money? No! Did I win the lottery? No! Did I lose weight? Hell No!
But I did randomly pack up my kids and take them to the park, show up early at school functions, attend EVERY girl scout meeting, baked cupcakes just for them to decorate, drenched them with a water gun and even fingerpainted the bathtub.

As for being able to outwardly love my husband, we have done more than just fingerpaint the bathtub.


Someone just the other day told me I looked tired and it honestly hurt my feelings. Getting up at 5am with Ris to snuggle on the couch, making two different kinds of pancakes and omelets, walking around our alotment, having lunch with hubby, wrestling the interchange free world, dinner reservations, cancelling dinner reservations, picking up pizza and camping out on living room floor sounds like a GREAT DAY in my world and I will take one hundred more. It just hurt my feelings that all she seen was 'tired' when all I was, was 'happy'. My New Years Resolution for this year is still undecided at this moment. Whatever I decide will be good. Not the same boring lottery, weight, money junk. I will never win the lottery, and I know that. It might help if I actually played the lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment